Author Topic: AIR17 - A Walk in the Park (7/15-7/23)  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: AIR17 - A Walk in the Park (7/15-7/23)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
Here is a sketchy impression of what we see when we look up from our walk in the park.   DH and I often go out for pizza on Friday night and walk the boardwalk by the river.  We've seen some beautiful sunsets.  I used the "sky" stencil from Hero Arts Sea and Sky stencil pair and the watercolor imprint technique that Heidi used on her ATCs and shared on that thread.

Watercolor Imprints. http://www.dinakowalcreative.com/2017/07/splitcoast-tutorial-watercolor-imprints.html

Thanks for the challenge Heidi!  The wide open rule was a challenge!  This is not at all what I had thought I'd make at the beginning of the week ... but when I went looking for stamps I found this Palm Tree Vista.

Next time I would check to make sure I was on the smoother side of watercolor paper!  I stamped the palms quite a few times, but with each re-stamp I was worried the paper would shift and I'd mess it up.  So maybe Bristol isn't a bad idea ... because at least it's smooth.

Here is the background, a little yellow because I took the pic at night.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:25:06 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
I am sorry I didn't have my example done before the fest started. I think that if you saw my interpretation of the challenge, it would have helped people to sooner figure out what they wanted to do. I will do better next fest.

Cindi, I absolutely love your card.  Your background is sooooo pretty. Love those colors of oxide inks with the stencil. I think I am in the market for that stencil. I actually, I don't have many and they take up little space! 

Thanks for doing my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »
I got it as a "Hero Arts Stencil Pair", on the Hero Arts website I could only find them separately.  This Pinshows the set, and I think I did get them at Joanns.

I tried the watercolor impression technique with the "sea" stencil (called Waves on Hero website) and it didn't work that well.  I can see it, but I think a bolder stencil would be better, which Dina did mention.  The stencil I used for your challenge is called Dreamy Nights on Hero Arts.

Hero page
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:41:04 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »
Thanks for the info on the stencils! 

I decided not to have a rak this fest, but I do sincerely thank you for doing my challenge and for everyone that was able to comment this fest! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »
Howdyheidi I had every intention of doing this challenge.  I stamped the images I wanted to do, I packed the images and colored pencils,  I pulled the image and colored pencils out in the car on the way to Kansas, I colored one panel and realized how bad it looked and put it away.  I did not get back to it at all during the birthday weekend.  I am sorry!  I did learn a valuable lesson though, do not even try to color using colored pencils in a moving car because there is no way to do it so it looks good. 

Thank you for hosting this lovely challenge.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »
Howdyheidi I had every intention of doing this challenge.  I stamped the images I wanted to do, I packed the images and colored pencils,  I pulled the image and colored pencils out in the car on the way to Kansas, I colored one panel and realized how bad it looked and put it away.  I did not get back to it at all during the birthday weekend.  I am sorry!  I did learn a valuable lesson though, do not even try to color using colored pencils in a moving car because there is no way to do it so it looks good. 

Thank you for hosting this lovely challenge.

Thanks, Sadie!  Good to know pencils do not work on the road. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »
Thanks for hosting Heidi! 

No coloring on the road for me!  I can't do anything other than look front and center while riding in a car.
Cindi