Author Topic: Creative Challenge - Linen Technique (Sept. 30 - Oct.4)  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Creative Challenge - Linen Technique (Sept. 30 - Oct.4)
« on: September 30, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »
So sorry for forgetting to host a challenge, I think the Zoom kind of threw me off.

I think I have done this before and not sure if we have done it in this group or not but since we were just playing with glossy paper I thought we could give this a try.
Use the Creative Challenge Linen Technique when you post and share back here, it would be great if you could make a card and use at least one stamp on it.

Linen Technique

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge - Linen Technique (Sept. 30 - Oct.4)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »
Thanks for hosting. You know, I don’t think I have ever tried this!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »
I have done this but it has been a long time! I will love to do it again!

April

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »
Sounds like fun.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 08:05:56 PM »
glad you all want to give it a try, look forward to what you do, I was able to make 4 good ones this evening, now what to do with them :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
Here is my entry. I tried several times. I could not find sandpaper (you would think we would have a lot since hubby is in construction!) He might have had some in his other garage 2 miles away. He was gone, so I found a sanding block and it worked well. I found that using one of the makeup brushes to add the ink was better than using the round sponge applicator from Tim Holtz. Even with starting off the card it left circles.

Thanks for the fun challenge!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5204#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »
Looks great April, you didn't need to use the stencil but I love the extra something it gives to it.  Glad you were able to find something that worked for your sanding.  I first tried using a finer sandpaper and that didn't work, I found some real rough stuff and that worked well.  The sponge applicators worked for me, didn't think of using the other kind.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »
I used sanding block, my new one.one side very rough.
I tried sandpaper, but couldn’t seem to hold it in away that gave even marks.  My wrist giving me problems.
Used sponge app to apply the distress inks after I drug the ink pads over the paper.  My inks very dry.
Added a new die that I got on clearance and had been playing with, add words from new SS stamps set.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/AC2191D9-1C3D-48DD-A6EE-C94AEA912177.jpeg
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 08:19:38 PM »
Thanks for doing the challenge and sharing how you did it all.  Love the color you used!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 11:32:04 AM »
I'll have to remember to try this challenge once I get home.  I can't remember ever using this technique.  The cards posted so far are really nice.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 03:00:11 PM »
My first card after finally using a rougher sandpaper. Close to my Heart glossy card stock and distress ink.

Card 1

I didn't realize until I was posting to my blog that I totally forgot to use stamps on this one, and it is my challenge.  :-\ I tried using photo paper for this one and I think it worked pretty well.

Card 2

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
I did a background just now but I don’t have a finished card yet. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »
I like the colors you used, a nice subtle look to it, thanks for giving it a try!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »
I'm glad I had a chance to try this challenge, it makes a nice background!  Thanks, Connie!

Mimi's Pumpkin

I had this stamp on a wishlist and my sister got it for me for Christmas.  I think this is the first I've used it ... can't remember if it was last Christmas or the one before?  I was also able to use the Hemstitch Rectangle dies I lusted over after seeing Daria use them!  Yay!  Fun day!

Cindi