Author Topic: Christmas All Year - October 2020  (Read 867 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - October 2020
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:33:28 AM »
This month's letter is "T"

Keep up the good work Christmas card makers!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - October 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:08:55 PM »
Teacups

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5206#top_display_media

I worked hours on this card design.  I saw a design on the computer and thought I could do it.  Ha!!!
I kept messing up. And starting over.  I finally sort of got it and turned it  into a card.
I took the panel I made and put it into a embossing folder.
I added the teacups already made and the words, put glitter paper at top and bottom for a drum look,
Anyway it has to have some glitter for it to be Christmas.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/B78726DD-D97E-4D0B-A3A8-E03B4D71EC53.jpeg

I made this the other day but waited for the letter t.to post.
Cute truck stamp and small tree.  I stamped,embossed,colored with markers then die cut then.
Combined pp and die cut word for this card.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »
Ok I now this is late for the "S" cards but her is a panel of snowflakes

Card 1

The next one was supposed to be Cocoa until I went to put the sentiment on it and decided to put it on the tea bag and then realized oh no this is tea, oh well!

Card 2

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 10:17:53 AM »
Great cards, Sheila and Connie! 

Maybe it's a Chai Tea Latte, Connie?!  Anyway, perfect for the "T"  challenge as are Sheila's cards.

Thanks for posting!
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »
There are some trees in the die for "T". LOL. Here is a card for the month of October. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5219#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 01:53:32 PM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »
Thanks for posting your Tree cards Nora and April!
I left comments in the gallery.

Good for you two, adding to your Christmas card stashes.

I've been working on Halloween this weekend, but need to switch gears soon. 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 03:53:22 PM »
Finally, I made a bunch of Christmas cards!  15 total.

Silent Night

No real "T" unless you count the palm "T"rees on the die! 

No stamping on the front but I did stamp an image and sentiment on the inside.
No stamping ... but I did splatter paint!  And did it ever splatter!  Why does it seem people do paint splatter in youtube videos and you never see it travel all over the place?  Luckily I covered most of my kitchen counter with newsprint.  I tapped the paint brush on my finger.  Is there a neater method?  I do like the effect though. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »
I had to laugh, the same with me and splattering, later I will see something feet away and say what is that and realize it is paint splatters, wow you got a lot done! Off to check them out!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/72BEBEE1-5E69-4A4D-812D-3CCF64C2B2B9.jpeg

I missed S, so maybe this could be tree lights.
I found that I bought two new Christmas stamps from Art Impression at the Nov stamp show and lost them in all my stuff.  But the cleaning and   organizing I did all last week helped me find stuff.
I really like this style stamp, I have a dozen or so of them.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »
Amazing what we find when we clean!  ;D
Sheila, I'm glad you found your Windows stamps in time for Christmas.  I like those too.  I think I only have two of them, and one is fall.  I colored a few but I need to get them on card fronts ASAP.

I was looking for some winter stamps a few weeks ago.  Purple Onion Designs,  I wanted to use on my linen technique background.  Well, a few days ago I found them!   See what happens when I put things away?  They were in the mailing envelope they came in for years and I forgot that I finally stamped them in my catalog and put them in Avery Elle (or Ellen Hutson ?) stamp pockets!  Most of my unmounted Purple Onion stamps are in a big ring binder and I thought I might use them more if I started storing them with the rest of my stamps, by season or theme.  Apparently not!  They have been in their own binder, or mailer, for years and when they weren't there any more, I couldn't find them.  That will teach me to move things!

Last week I kept going with my Silent Night Christmas cards.  I think I have 21 now.  I made more with the Opal Polish background and colored the stars with gold glitter pen like I did in my very first one.  I have a total somewhere around 40, which is only about half of what I need.  I'd better get a move on!  I'm pretty sure I will come up with another design.  I was pretty sick of poking tiny pieces out of the die and adding glue to little angel wings and feet and palm fronds by the time I got to 21!  Why do I keep forgetting that die cut Christmas cards are just as time consuming, if not more than stamped cards? 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:37:23 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »
Here are two cards I created with just one of my gelli plate prints from last week. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5237#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5236#top_display_media

A couple weeks ago I stamped out a bunch of these Elizabeth Crafts stamps and colored and die cut them. I used just a handful here so I need more ideas for cards with these.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »
Adorable cards, Heidi!  Good idea to color up a bunch of images so you are ready to make more. 

I think October was a pretty productive month.  Good thing, because here comes November! 

Thanks for posting!
Cindi