Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019  (Read 6434 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019
« on: June 30, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019

I hope you have gotten a head start on your holiday cards by participating in Cindi's Christmas All Year! Challenge.  This month, I'm taking over for Cindi by offering our yearly Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge.  I’m doing better this year than I did last year. I have made six whole cards.  You can stop laughing now.  I hope you’ll join me for this month’s challenge and make lots of cards.

If you are in need of inspiration, check out Cindi’s past Christmas All Year threads; she posts an optional theme each month that you can use if it inspires you.

The Challenge:
You have a full month--July 1 through July 31--to post your entries.  Please use the album set aside for Cindi’s Christmas All Year! Challenge, 2019, and link them to this Discussion Thread.  The challenge ends on July 31 at 11:59 pm your time.  If they are in the right album when I check the morning of August 1, they will count.

Remember you must enter only new cards--nothing you posted prior to July 1, the first day of the challenge.  If you have a special technique you'd like to use that does not include stamping, your card will still count.  It would be nice to combine stamping with other techniques, but sometimes that isn't feasible, and I want your cards to be something you will love.  So your paste-embossed, embroidered, stenciled, Iris folded, die-cut, etc. cards are welcome.

Requirements:
1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge.

2. When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.  I say that every year, but no one ever does it.  Sigh.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, please describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used.  Some information that you could share:
Stamps:
Cardstock/Papers:
Card Size:
Inks/Coloring Medium:
Accessories:
Technique:

Next, come back to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went—tips to help us or advice so we can avoid or fix problems. 

Prize:
There will be a prize awarded at the end of the challenge.  Your name will go into the hat once for every card you post in the gallery and link to the discussion thread. OK. I already know that the next question is do I get my name in the hat 10 times if I make 10 of the same card. I'll say you can get your name in the hat up to three times for multiples of the same design. Fair enough? There's no limit to the number of different cards you can post. You'll get credit for each different card.

I hope you'll join us and begin making your December holiday cards.  We can inspire and motivate each other.  Don't forget to have fun!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 09:53:52 PM »
I am so bummed I never managed to get more than one card done in June, so hoping to make up for that this month, I enjoy these vacations but can't wait to be home again and back to my normal routine. One week to go :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »
I'm so glad you're hosting again Daria!

When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.  I say that every year, but no one ever does it.  Sigh.

We seem to be notoriously bad at following directions on this site!   :o  I'll try to remember this year, and I definitely want to participate!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 11:25:24 PM »
I'm laughing. The challenge is supposed to be fun so I don't worry about the details.  Just get your cards in the Christmas All Year album in the gallery and link them here.  I do like knowing about how cards were made and what was used to make them.

I am going to be gone for about a week this month, but I'll have my computer with me so I can check in.  I should stamp some Christmas images and take them with me.  I could color them while I'm gone.  We'll see.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 06:15:39 AM »
Thanks for hosting! I have not done very well with Christmas cards this year, so I hope to make up for it this month.  I am currently away from home but hope to get started after the holiday.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 07:25:18 AM »
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who needs to make lots of Christmas cards.  Good luck to us all. 

Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 10:00:17 PM »
Thanks, Daria, for hosting this challenge for July!  I really do need to make lots of Christmas cards yet. 

Here is my submission for this month.  I made two of this image. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4561#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
Congratulations!  You're the first person to post a card to the challenge.  I love the image; it's darling.  The patterned papers you chose are just right as always.  Thank you for playing. 

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 08:37:55 AM »
Thanks for hosting again! I always enjoy this challenge. Looking forward in making more Christmas cards!

April :smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 08:55:23 AM »
Hi, April.  I'm glad you can play this month.  I always love seeing your Christmas cards.

I'm going to be away from home for about a week so I won't get started on any cards until I return, but I'll be checking in while I'm gone.

Happy Independence Day, Everyone.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 03:44:02 AM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »
Heidi, your card is terrific.  I love the layout and the patterned papers you used.  They are crisp and cool, and I like the shade of blue.  Your little snowman still manages to take center stage; he's so cute.  Thank you for playing.  Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 03:59:37 PM »
Here is my entry. I am having such a mental block making Christmas cards this year! It takes me forever to come up with one. :idiot2:  Anyway, I hope it gets better.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4566#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »
Here is another entry for Christmas Cards in July - 2019.  I made two of this image. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4569#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 06:20:22 PM »