Author Topic: AIR15 Chatty Game - Interview  (Read 12139 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
AIR15 Chatty Game - Interview
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
I will start the "Interview" when the party is about to start!

So, this is a really straightforward game.  I will ask the first question.  The next person answers that question and then poses the next question for the next player.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:38:46 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: AIR15 Chatty Game - Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:39:01 AM »
First question:

What got you into stamping and why?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 07:42:23 AM »
I went to a stampin up party and that started it off, I loved that I could use something over and over again for my cards.

I seem to be stuck coloring with markers all the time, even though I have other things I could use, do you seem to stay with the same medium when coloring your stamps or do you like to change it up all the time?

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »
I like to change it up all the time.  I like trying new things.  That said, I often think I should stay with one medium long enough to get good at it.  With that in mind, most recently I've been coloring mostly with watercolors or colored pencils. 

I seem to be stuck right now, and it occurred to me to just start copying some of the zillions of cards I've saved on my computer instead of trying to come up with something myself.  What do you think of CASING? Pros? Cons?

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »
We recently discussed CASEing, I wonder if I will be able to find that thread.  I really think it is good, especially when you do not have any fresh ideas, it gets you going again.  I think design teams exist to show you how to use the stamps, and therefore we should definitely use their ideas.  The only negatives I think of is 1) if you do not give credit to others if you share the card online, and 2) If you refuse to go out and try ideas of your own.  I don't think anyone one this board would do either of those things.

NEW question,
What technique do you want to try next?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 09:00:27 AM »
It is funny,Heid, that it is YOU that asked that question ( what technique do you want to try next? ) well it is YOUR technique that you did on a card recently. It was the card with small flowers and a fence where you stamped first and then went over the stamps with a paint brush to show a water colored look. I have been wanting to do this technique for awhile! I am saving it now to do when I go stamping with friends on June 13. I just love the look. Thanks for the inspiration! AND if I post it on my blog I will give you credit! LOL! ;D

Here is my question -- would you rather learn a technique or learn how to make a project like a box, card, ect?

Stampwilly (April )

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
I am such a newbie that I want both.

Do you learn better watching a video or reading instructions?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »
It depends.  I've seen some videos that are no help at all (I'm thinking of a few where what the person was doing was fully on the screen) but sometimes, written instructions just aren't enough and I need the visual.  I think the key is the quality of the instruction material more so than the type.

I find I've been creating a lot of my backgrounds lately instead of using my pattern paper stash, so do you more often create your own background or use patterned paper?

P.S.  Cool chatty game, Heidi.
Sarah

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
Good question Craft Nerd. I have tons of patterned paper that I hardly use now. Lately I have been making all my own backgrounds. I need to find a use for this paper though, hehehe.

Next question: Do you find you most often make a certain type of card, for instance shabby chic, vintage, steampunk, etc? Or do you mix it up?

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
I try to change up the styles of my cards, and I do have more variety thanks to the many challenges at AI, but I think I would make every card a pretty flower card if I had no other reason to make things.

Next question:

Do you have trouble getting started with your crafting, or might you have trouble actually finishing things...????
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
I have no trouble starting stuff, it's getting it finished that is my the problem. 

Do you tend to lean more toward clean and simple cards or are you an embellishment junkie?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »
I definitely am not a clean and simple card maker. I often makes scenes which require (in my view) several layers of medium and materials but not traditional ribbons, bows and not store bought stuff that are considered embellishments.

New question- Recently I was looking at some of the swap cards I received 10+ years ago and many I would call mixed media cards if you think about MM as being a project that includes at least 2 mediums. So my question is: What media other than ink did you use  in your early days of stamping?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:24:42 PM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »
 In my early years of stamping I used embossing powder a lot because it was like magic! I also used markers and chalk.

What type of cards have you been making recently -- birthday, everyday, male cards, etc?

Stampwilly

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 09:05:09 PM »
I've been working on my Christmas card stash and then everyday/ could be anything type cards.

What is your favorite technique?
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:16 PM »
MASKING!!!

Other than card-making what is your fave way to use your stamping abikity?
Daniel