Author Topic: Watercolor series at the Classroom  (Read 3349 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Watercolor series at the Classroom
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:55:46 AM »
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/watercolor-tips-charts/

Sandy Alnock is doing a basic watercolor series at Ellen Hutson blog. It looks like some good material a lot like a class I paid for on Craftsy.  Looks like she has covered flat washes and now glazing.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Watercolor series at the Classroom
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:39:40 AM »
Thanks, Heidi.  I'm looking forward to going through these classes.

Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:39:30 PM »
I am finding what one describes as the range of basic watercolor skills is as diverse as the individual teachers.  So I am trying to capture a broader perspective by more than 1 presenter. Here is another basic watercolor series I am enjoying "The Mind of Watercolor". 

Here is the link to Basic Watercolor techniques 1-flat wash.[/url]
if you want to hear an additional perspective.  Also this series includes earlier videos on topics like brushes, paper, and palettes...that you can find on the You Tube sidebar if interested.

Hope you enjoy too!...Jan
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:54:02 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »
Thanks for the link, I found it very informative!

I am finding what one describes as the range of basic watercolor skills is as diverse as the individual teachers.  So I am trying to capture a broader perspective by more than 1 presenter. Here is another basic watercolor series I am enjoying "The Mind of Watercolor". 

Here is the link to Basic Watercolor techniques 1-flat wash.[/url]
if you want to hear an additional perspective.  Also this series includes earlier videos on topics like brushes, paper, and palettes...that you can find on the You Tube sidebar if interested.

Hope you enjoy too!...Jan
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »
I really like the mind of watercolor videos.  Alan Owen is also good.  He is a Scottish (sp) fella and is quite entertaining as well as informational.  Angela Fehr has a different take on watercolor and uses more colors in her painting.  Gina Ahrens adds a lot of difference to a watercolor discussion too.  Jay Art shows some interesting things with watercolor too.  Kelly Eddington Watercolors if you go back to her first videos are really good for starting out in watercolor.  Lachri Fine Art has some watercoloring but she talks so darn fast that the entertainment factor is pretty good in some of her videos.  Miss Bronte does some line art and watercolors that are really neat to watch.  I especially like her trees and bushes.  Owings Art is also good, Marte does outside watercolors and does a lot of showing different mediums as he runs them through his critique.  Paint Academy does all the mediums but they have a lot of watercoloring on their channel.  Steven Cronin also has some watercoloring tutorials on his channel.  I also like the Watercolor Misfit.  She not only demonstrates but also lectures......LOL!

Well there is a little walk down my watercolor channels on youtube, I hope somebody likes some of the same ones I do.  I also like seeing what Sandy Allnock does but there are so many other people showing watercolor on the youtubes that is interesting that just watching one is too limiting. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »
  I appreciate your screening notes Sadie.  It will take me some time to view them but I will as I can.  Thanks again!
...Jan

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 11:46:20 AM »
Another watercolor opportunity
Steve Mitchell, The Mind of Watercolor painter is 1 of 3 artists that Strathmore is featuring this year for their free workshop series.  His workshop begins May 2 and is open until the end of the year.  It is a 4 week self-directed class with a weekly presentations.  His overview says he will begin with basics and move onto a beginning landscape.     

Here is the link.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »
I will have to check out these video's when I have more time, I need a lot to learn about watercoloring