Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Whatcha working on?
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
So have you started on any of the challenges yet?  Finished any?  What are you planning on working on today?

I finished a piece for lighten up and book'em.  I've got my master board half finished for the ATC challenge, my mixed media pieces are dry, trimmed and ready to be put on something, my paper towel stamped piece is waiting for a home, and I've got my piece for the shadow knows waiting to be put on a card.

Today I'm going to finish up my ATC master board and maybe the ATCs as well, and assemble cards to use my mixed media pieces, paper towel stamping and shadow pieces.  And I think I've gotten an idea for Daniel's challenge. 

Hope you get to have a very crafty day.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
Good morning.  Yesterday I was able to complete two challenges: paper towel stamping and Book'Em.   

This morning I am working on my masterboard.  I tried some spray on it, and my Bristol board got too wet so i am waiting for it to dry before I finish it up.  It is fun to do though!

Craft Nerd, you really have got a lot of stuff going yesterday and today!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 11:09:18 AM »
Happy Inktoberfest Sunday!

Heidi, it sounds like you have the hang of it.  I should go back and edit my challenge.  In class, the teacher kept stressing that we let each step dry (or heat dry) before adding more to our masterboard.  I'm not sure if the video stressed that enough.    I'm happy to hear you and Sarah are playing my challenge!

Yesterday I completed one card using djc's shadow technique and late last night I made some mixed media chipboard pieces for Sadie's challenge.

Sarah, you must work a lot faster than I do!  Good for you!  You got a lot accomplished.

This morning I have been making Lighten Up backgrounds!  I need to stop and make a finished card, but I'm having so much fun with the backgrounds!  Just a few more!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:11:06 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »
Cindi, the frugal crafter doesn't usually wait too much in any of her videos.  Lol, she is fun to watch though. I want that set of stamps she used. 

Yes, I sat for an hour and made backgrounds when I was working on it.  My scrap paper had a lot of stamping off on it.  lol.  But I have extras to work with now. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Finished my 'Book'em' & moving on to 'lighten up' & more! I'm having a ball with this party so far! :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 02:00:31 PM »
Cindi - I don't know if I'm faster or if it just that I didn't really do anything other than craft yesterday.   :smile:  That and just about everything I worked on needed drying time.  So while one project dried, I worked on something else.  In fact, I'm waiting on stuff to dry right now. 

I got my master board finished.  Now I need to figure out what I'm putting on the ATCs.  I'm comboing the paper towel and another lighten up piece and I added stickles to both pieces.  So that needs to dry.  And I added liquid pearls to my shadow piece.  So that's drying.

After this break, I'm going to stamp a background from my mixed media poinsettias and maybe get it assembled. 
Sarah

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
Ok, you folks are all way ahead of me! I haven't even had a chance to play much yet. I have the items picked out for the warm up challenge, but haven't taken a photo yet. I want to do a bunch of others but the fam wanted to play a game this morning and that took about 4 hours, then they wanted me to make cabbage rolls which is taking another couple of hours, LOL.

Looks like I will get to play tomorrow after card making class!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
SWLady - does the family not understand that this is a stamping party weekend?  ;D
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
#1 Clearing about 5-6" of snow. 

I am warming up now so I took photos of my acrylic skins and will post soon. 

Making a plan now.

Gotta run catch some more daylight...later.
Jan
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:16:58 AM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
Brrrrrr, Jan.  Stay warm.
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
Wow! I can't imagine snow already!

I worked on the mixed media project today and made a huge mess! I like the results though and have an idea for my card!

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
Getting ready to tackle the ATC (masterboard) Challenge again. My first attempt @ doing a masterboard went south.

My 'dones'? Book'em, Lighten up & Starting point.
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
Craft Nerd... my family SO does not get crafting weekend, LOL. That's why I usually craft mostly during the week.

Let's see... I finished my bookmark, and the warm up challenge. I have tried the paper towel stamping with no luck. I am still trying to find paper that will work on the shadow challenge. Looks like I may go with kraft, so far it's the only one where the shadow shows.

Also trying the lighten up challenge.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
I have been too busy with housework and errands the last couple days.  I really want to start the Shadow challenge next, but I haven't picked a stamp yet. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline snickerdoodleart

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Thank you iring for reminding me about inktoberfest. I need to get in gear & start crafting.