Author Topic: Cuttlebug Sandwich for Spellbinders Embossing Folders  (Read 1460 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Cuttlebug Sandwich for Spellbinders Embossing Folders
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
Nora and I got together the other day to share dies and embossing folders.   When Nora tried to use my new Spellbinders Overlapping Circles, the usual sandwich for the Cuttlebug and embossing folders didn't work.  (A plate and two B plates).  I tried it in my new Cuttlebug, and that didn't work either so we took a good look at the embossing folder.  It is thicker than the other embossing folders that we have (Cuttlebug, Sizzix, etc.).  The directions that came with the folder only gave the sandwich to use in the Gran Calibur.

I tried replacing the lower B Plate with the No More Shims Embossing Mat, and that worked. 
     B Plate (top)
     Spellbinders Embossing Folder
     No More Shims Embossing Mat
     A Plate (bottom)

The No More Shims Embossing Mat is double the thickness and more dense than the original tan embossing mats.  I think replacing one B plate with a piece of heavy chipboard might also work. 

HTH
Daria
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:43:30 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Cuttlebug Sandwich for Spellbinders Embossing Folders
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
Oh, how interesting!  I wonder where to get the No more shims mat is?  I need to look that up! I usually use the tan mat plus two thick kraft paper shims.

I have two Martha Stewart embossing folders that i had the same issue with!
~~Heidi~~