Author Topic: A2 card bases  (Read 1135 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
A2 card bases
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »
I have a question about A2 card bases---I bought a package of A2 card bases from Michaels a few months ago and have been happily using them for cards...until I went to use one for the CAS challenge.

I made all my measurements based off the fact that I thought A2 cards are 4.25"x5.5" (I got this measurement from my MS score board).

Well I went to put my card front on the base and it was too short width wise!  I thought I totally messed up my measurements but then I measured the card base and it was 4" x 5.5".   >:( 

Are all A2 card bases this measurement?  Is the MS score board wrong?

I have no idea why, but that loss of 0.25" annoyed me SO MUCH last night---it really bothered me--that I just had to walk away from the craft room the rest of the night.  I wish I could've just let it go, but I based my CAS design off 4.25x5.5 so I think that's what got to me last night.

I'll post the card here in a bit.  and I'm going to go measure the other colors (beige and kraft) to see if they are the same as the white.  I wonder if I still have the package insert....

I'll pay more attention in the future with buying card bases, but I wanted to ask everyone....and thanks for letting me vent.   :-\
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: A2 card bases
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
I am pretty sure A2 is standard 4.25 by 5.5 inches.  I am going to do an internet search but in the past that is what I have found for A2 but maybe there is some range under which you can still categorize it as such.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: A2 card bases
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:42:09 AM »
I looked online too and the few websites I looked on listed 4.25x5.5 as A2---but they weren't talking about card bases, just what A2 was measured as. 

I took for granted that A2 was a standard....possibly it is a range.  I'm going to pay more attention next time I'm in the store. 

~~Melissa :)